Edun sustainable brand was founded in 2005 by singer Bono and his wife Ali Hewson is a fashion brand that production in Africa and has a design team in NYC, United States. EDUN operates as a platform that facilitates artistic and creative collaboration, giving birth to new styles and aesthetics that highlight the wealth and positivity of an Africa.

 

Edun if read in reverse means nude can also mean nature or the garden of Eden. The meaning of the name is intended to help bring positive change in Africa through fair trade relations. Hewson said they wanted to show that you can create a non-profit business where everyone in the chain is treated well and fairly.

 

In 2007, Edun launched the Edun Live division, a tee-shirt business that grew 100% and sewn in Africa. In 2008, Edun founded Conservation Cotton Initiative Uganda (CCIU), which provides funding, training and company support to cotton farmers to help build sustainable businesses in Northern Uganda.

 

Edun Sustainable Brand and Louis Vuitton

In May 2009, the couple sold 49% of Edun’s company shares to LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton. This conglomerate helped the company recruit new management and designers after the departure of Rogan Gregory two years earlier. Edun then appointed a new creative director, Sharon Wauchob.

 

In 2010, Edun had a new chief executive, Janice Sullivan, former division president Liz Clairbone Inc. DKNY Jeans. That same year Ali Hewson and Bono appeared wearing EDUN in the Louis Vuitton campaign in Africa. In April 2013 Danielle Sherman became the creative director and their first collection debut of SS14 during New York Fashion in September 2013.

 

Edun Sustainable Brand and Julien Labat

Julien Labat took over as Edun’s chief executive officer since May 1, 2015. Julien Labat stated that it was great to be part of Africa’s transformation and see how to create its own business model locally and globally. He likes businesses that are done locally and globally in the most creative, innovative ways and that what he wants. In May 2016 Danielle Sherman resigned as Edun’s creative director, a role she had held for three years.

 

Starting in Spring 2017, 80% of EDUN production is made in Africa and the remaining 20% ​​is produced locally in the US. The source of the collection is a mixture of organic, recycled, upcycled fabrics, and several artisanal developments made specifically from Africa. EDUN has just launched its first E-commerce platform recently at Edun.com. This collection also makes a line of leather bags that are 100% sourced and made in Kenya. EDUN opened its first retail location on September 14, 2017. Located on 265 Lafayette Street, in New York City.

 

This African trip encouraged them to join their forces for the Diesel + Edun label that will be made entirely in Africa to produce sustainable development and raise awareness of creative opportunities on the continent.

 

Since it was founded in 2007, Edun Live has produced 700,000 African-made shirts. Hewson called this business a 100 percent initiative for Africa and she said in March 2011, “There is a misunderstanding that we moved the business out of Africa. We don’t. We now work in eight factories in Africa. We have actually developed the Edun Business in Africa and in 2013, it will be up to 40%.” The company now generates 85% of its collection in Africa. She stated that it was great to be part of Africa’s transformation and see how to create its own business model with locally and globally with Edun sustainable brand.

 

edun sustainable brand edun merek berkelanjutan edun sustainable brand edun merek berkelanjutan edun sustainable brand edun merek berkelanjutan edun sustainable brand edun merek berkelanjutan edun sustainable brand edun merek berkelanjutan edun sustainable brand edun merek berkelanjutan